Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Roaring Twenties and "My Glorious Life" volume 2 part 2

Back home, at the Park, things were coming together.


The construction on the new Rose Savoy Theater was complete. A plot of land, center of the park across from the Great Rose Medallion clock. A modern and much larger facility for performances of Gilbert and Sullivan's finest works. Staring, of course, your truly. Fans insisted, no demanded, I continue my stage work. I had made plans to scale back performing, as leisure travel was most enticing. At least a proper venue close to home made that easier, than the many weeks on the road or in London.
 

MY new dressing room. Much roomier than the old loft at the Rose Theater. Even a place to park the Bearcat


The backstage access a major improvement.

Much to my pleasure, the Japanese Garden was thriving. It is looked after by a wealthy Japanese baron by the name of Makoto Hagiwara. He went through great efforts to create an authentic tea garden. He imported flora and fauna local to Japan (such as special trees, fish and rare birds), as well as valuable statues, ornaments and sculptures to enhance the setting.









The New Grand Entrance and Trolley station. A set of brand new trolley cars were now on route, to bring even more folks to our little park.




And gracious good heavens, all the new rides...

When I returned to Rose Lake to open end the current theater season, with our production of Pirates Of Penzance , of course , the new scope of the amusements astonished me. Mr Fishington was ever the grand master of his domain, only bring in the newest and exciting things. I barley recognized the park...

The Flying Turns


A toboggan style ride, themed to air travel. A bit to swift for my taste and with its twists and turns, it could upset many a stomach. Most folks enjoyed it. Our custodial staff, not so much.


Bearcat




Named after my most prized automobile. JF has stopped me from using in the park to get around, as it scares the swans and can leave skid marks on the new bridges. And I must remember to put in a call to replace that defective light post...


Here's the the entirely new area called Comet Plaza...


Mirror Maze, Tilt a Hurl, Dodgems and Comet




The new roller coaster would be quite the hit among the younger adults now frequenting the park.


The Swan Pavilion had been dark for sometime as the Peepsburgh Men's Chorus had been touring in South America. So I surmised a new show to replace then would be welcome. After a tour of France and seeing the famous Moulin Rouge, I contacted an old friend Madame Tussaud, and she agreed to bring a few ladies over the perform at the Pavilion. It was a great success.



Much to my enjoyment, the old Nickelodeon had been saved and moved up the hill. We now had an up to date movie house showing the latest talking pictures. Can you imagine?




Professor Marvel before parting to Orlando, opened his first full Shop to sell his creations. He is hoping to franchise these stores all over the county. They will include his exclusive designs, such as the "robin hood" bonnet and the "Squirrel Chapeau".


With the advent of Prohibition, his beloved saloon would shutter. But not for long, as we opened a new Ice Cream parlor for the family's that now frequented the park. His favorite flavor would be Absinthe, but I was always partial to the Rum Punch.


I haven't even touched on the new restaurants and cafes that have been added, but I will leave them to the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment